Sometime after you graduate you will lose access to all your student emails and email addresses
We highly recommend that you transfer your student emails to an alternative Microsoft based account as soon as possible
The simplest method is via an Outlook or Hotmail email account
If you do not have one please create one temporarily, for this purpose
1. Log into your outlook.com (or hotmail.com) account
2. At the top right of the screen, click on the cog and then "connected accounts"
4. Click Gmail. Give your account a name and select the option to import your Gmail. Please note, you will not be able to send emails from your account using your Gmail address once it has been deactivated.
5. Input the log in details for your old student gmail account eg firstname.lastname@example.org or select your account from the list.
6. Enter your password (same as your MyBeckett one), then click Next
7. Click Allow to let Hotmail or Outlook have access to your Gmail account.
8. Click OK.
9. A progress bar lets you know that the account is importing. you can refresh this at any time to see if the transfer is complete.
10. Once the transfer is complete, your student email should appear as a separate folder on the left hand side of your inbox. This may take a while to appear.