Adobe Connect is used by some Leeds Beckett University courses for live online tutorials and / or meetings. Our guides explain how to use it.
To get the most out of your Adobe Connect session, we recommend you have both headphones and a microphone so you can talk and listen to everyone in the session. USB headsets are the easiest to set up, but other types will work.
Adobe Connect will work on the following:
Windows PC (Windows 7 or newer with Adobe Flash installed)
Apple Mac (OSX 10.8 or newer with Adobe Flash installed)
Apple iPhone (4S or newer)
Apple iPad (iPad 2, iPad mini or newer)
Android tablet ( Android 2.3.4 or newer)
Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 or newer with Adobe Flash installed).
Your tutors will present e.g. slides or their screen, and have a discussion with you, via voice and text chat. You may be asked to participate in a poll or a question and answer session. To optimise your experience:
Check your PC is correctly set up by visiting http://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
1. Your tutor will send you a link via email or through MyBeckett.
2. Click the link or copy and paste it into a web browser. We recommend using Google Chrome.
3. Select Enter as a Guest, type your name and click Enter Room.
Important: Prevent echo and feedback in the meeting by using a headset, NOT a microphone and speakers!
1. Click Meeting in the toolbar.
2. Click Audio Setup Wizard...
3. Click Next.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to check your audio is working.
5. The wizard will tell you if it's successful and show you which microphone it's going to use (you may have more than one if you have a headset and webcam, so make sure it's the right one!
6. Click on the Finish button to exit the wizard or the Help button to solve any problems you're having.