What is Westlaw International?
Westlaw International enables you to access international legal research.
How do I access Westlaw International?
- Go to the Westlaw UK site
- Click on the Services link, in the top right hand corner of the screen
- Click on the link to International Materials
How do I search for US materials?
US materials do not appear in the list of jurisdictions on the left hand menu.
Go to the U.S Materials link on the right hand side of the page, under the Related Legal heading.
This will take you to a screen allowing you to search for and browse US legal materials.
How can I access other international material?
- Navigate to the Westlaw International home page
- You can use the options on the left hand side of the screen to search by Jurisdictions or Content Types
Can I do a more advanced search?
You can access advanced search options from the International Materials homepage.
Click on the Advanced option, next to the orange search button on the right hand side of the page:
This will take you to the Advanced Search page
- You can then use Boolean operators such as AND, OR. In the example above, we’ve searched for (e.g. “Family Law” AND Child)
- If you need any help with searching, check out your law subject guide for hints and tips.