The Library provides individual bookable study spaces for students to use. These are limited as our spaces need to comply with current Covid-19 restrictions. Students will not be allowed into the Library without a booking.
- Sheila Silver Library, City Campus and Headingley Library are currently open 09:00 - 21:00 Monday to Friday and 11:00 - 17:00 on weekends.
- Both Libraries are arranged into 'areas' with study spaces available in all areas. In general these are by floor and if there is a PC available.
- Any student can book a single study space each day. Different areas are available at different times to support social distancing and to help us manage entry into the Library.
- All study space in the Library is for individual study. There will be no collaborative study spaces available at either Library.
To book a space follow the links below. Follow the instructions and make sure you confirm your booking by clicking on the "Submit my booking" button at the end of the process. You will receive an email confirming your booking and a reminder 24 hours before your booking time.
Please follow the following guidance when using the Library study spaces.
- Before visiting the Library please take some time to read the university guidance on keeping safe on campus .
- When you are in the Library please adhere to all signage and instructions concerning social distancing, maintain 2 metre distance between other people and wear face coverings whilst you are moving around in the Library. You do not have to wear a face covering whilst sitting at your study space.
- We recommend that you make use of the cleaning stations around the Library. You should wash your hands regularly follow the "clean, use, clean" routine whenever using a study space.
- Due to the current level of Covid-19 restrictions you won't be able to browse the bookshelves. If you want to borrow books please use our Click & Collect service.
- Laptop loans are unavailable at this time, please make sure you bring your own laptop if you have booked a study space without a PC.
If you have any questions, we’re always happy to help, 24/7; just use the Contact Us buttons on the right.