SPSS 24 is available for all Leeds Beckett students and staff to download via MyBeckett:
If you have been using SPSS 22 you can continue to use SPSS 24 instead. Any .sav files should work with version 24.
Please make sure you have removed version 22 before downloading and using SPSS 24.
To avoid download errors, we recommend that you download this software at home
There appears to be a license for SPSS for Windows, but it is invalid.
This command not executed.
Specific symptom number: 26
When I submit the license request, I encounter the following error:
You have not been authorised to receive a license. Please make sure the Authorisation Code is entered correctly.
During the installation, one of the following errors occurs:
Cannot create directory.
The specified path is too long.
1. Go to Start and click on Computer
2. Go to the Organize menu (in the upper left-hand corner). Select Folder and Search Options
3. Go to the View tab, choose one of the following options, and click OK:
4. Browse to C:\ProgramData
5. Locate the Application Data shortcut and click and drag this to another location, such as your desktop – if this will not move, rename it eg. AppData
6. Install SPSS
From Step 5 - After complete install of SPSS, return the name for Application Data shortcut
to “Application Data” and do not continue with the rest of the solution
7. Once the installation is complete, move the Application Data shortcut to its original location
8. Go to Start and click on Computer
9. Go to the Organize menu (in the upper left-hand corner). Select Folder and Search Options
10. Go to the View tab, choose one of the following options, and click OK:
11. Close the Window
To restore the settings which existed prior to solving the problem:
Go to the View tab, choose one of the following options, and click OK:
After submitting your request for SPSS via MyBeckett, you will also receive these links for help and guides by email: