The latest version of SPSS (27) is available for all Leeds Beckett students on all University PCs.
To install the software on your own device please fill out the SPSS Download form for instructions on downloading the files for your Mac or PC.
Please note: SPSS is not available to download on a Chromebook.
There appears to be a license for SPSS for Windows, but it is invalid.
This command not executed.
Specific symptom number: 26
When I submit the license request, I encounter the following error:
You have not been authorised to receive a license. Please make sure the Authorisation Code is entered correctly.
During the installation, one of the following errors occurs:
Cannot create directory.
The specified path is too long.
1. Go to Start and click on Computer.
2. Go to the Organize menu (in the upper left-hand corner). Select Folder and Search Options.
3. Go to the View tab, choose one of the following options, and click OK:
4. Browse to C:\ProgramData.
5. Locate the Application Data shortcut and click and drag this to another location, such as your desktop – if this will not move, rename it eg. AppData.
6. Install SPSS.
From Step 5 - After complete install of SPSS, return the name for Application Data shortcut
to “Application Data” and do not continue with the rest of the solution.
7. Once the installation is complete, move the Application Data shortcut to its original location.
8. Go to Start and click on Computer.
9. Go to the Organize menu (in the upper left-hand corner). Select Folder and Search Options.
10. Go to the View tab, choose one of the following options, and click OK:
11. Close the Window.
To restore the settings which existed prior to solving the problem:
Go to the View tab, choose one of the following options, and click OK:
After submitting your request for SPSS via MyBeckett, you will also receive these links for help and guides by email: